Monday, April 07, 2008

Dear Anonymous,

Just a little heads up. I will no longer be accepting comments from you. It's not that I don't appreciate civil discourse. But civil is in fact the operative word here.

You make a lot of patronizing references to "people like you" and "the likes of you" as if you know me. You know nothing about me. And I know nothing about you. Maybe you just got fired. Maybe you just lost your best friend, or your spouse walked out on you and you decided to take it out on me. Whatever. Too bad. I am drawing the line here.

You consider my blog nothing more than me "spewing trendy blabber," that I have no original thought and I say nothing relevant. Besides, as a marketing guru everything I write has a "hidden motivation." So, I'm sure you won't mind if I simply reject your comments.

And while I'm drawing lines. I will no longer accept Anonymous comments from anyone. I won't go so far as to require you to have a Google account, however, if you don't put your name or email or link to YOUR website on your comment, I won't publish you on MY blog.

And if you agree with Anonymous, that my blog is irrelevant trendy blabber, then move on. There are some 10 billion other websites out there. Or make your own blog where you are free to opine until the cows come home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good for you! Anonymous blog sniping is chickensh*t and should not be tolerated.

Tamar Orvell said...

Whew. Luckily I haven't endured this... yet. Your position and response are appropriate for real-time, non-virtual jerks, too.

Eebie said...

Very well put.

I think we all need attention, some jump on couches, others imagine the President is conspiring to assassinate him., other seem to want to lash out.

Joe Crawford said...

I support JeSais.