Sunday, March 16, 2008

Holy Blazing Laptops!

Jennifer is writing a marathon!
That's right, WRITING, not running…. To support San Diego Writers' Ink

WHAT? How do you WRITE a marathon?
I'll be joining fellow writers in an all-day writing marathon led by a number of workshop leaders over a 10-hour period. Yes, 10 hours. That's non-stop write-til-you-drop fun on March 29 from 9 am to 7 pm.

WHY? Why? Why would you do such a crazy thing?
As most of you know, I am a writer. What you may not know is that I am a member of, and volunteer for San Diego Writers' Ink (SDWINK), a non –profit organization that "nurtures writers and those wishing to explore the craft of writing, fosters a literary community, promotes literature and celebrates artistic diversity."

Through SDWINK I have had the opportunity to study with many respected (and published) writers and workshop leaders, I've been able to perform my work live at open mics and I've developed an important support network of fellow writers-- which came in handy when I got my first rejection letter, also from SDWINK. That support network also came in handy for celebrating when my first piece was accepted for inclusion in the audio anthology, Best of First Friday CD... it's a support network I will miss greatly when I'm in grad school (in case you haven't heard-- I've been accepted into the Masters of Fine Arts / Creative Writing program at University of New Mexico)

WHY? Why? Why should you care?
The Write-A-Thon is a fundraiser, and I'm asking you to show your support of me and my writing. Besides, the more money I bring to the table the better I'll look in front of my writer friends.

Seriously, San Diego Writers Ink is a terrific organization that supports emerging writers like me. It is a 501(C) 3 organization-- which means you get a tax deduction!

Any amount you can give will be greatly appreciated, and will help me meet my fundraising goal of $500.

You can donate ONLINE if you like via my personal Pledge Page. Payments are processed via PayPal account or credit card (using the PayPal credit card processing system). Or, you can download a printable form at the San Diego Writers Ink website.

If you are unable to give, that's fine too. I appreciate your support, good vibes, well wishes in any way.

And if you know a writer of any level, tell them about San Diego Writers, Ink.

1 comment:

Eebie said...

I'm in! The money is on its way, you go girl. But let me say I don't want you slacking durin the hours I sponsor, no getting up for coffee or for nature's calls. Somone else can donate for that. I'm all about focus and production, so that's what I'm paying for. L&K!