Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wordless Wednesday

I was totally going to do a Wordless Wednesday post, just ilke my friend Karen, the shamalamamama.

However....

1. I don't think I can even come close to that beautiful picture she posted, and

2. I can't go wordless. That's like naked to a writer. And with the whole election thing still on my mind, and on my fingertips, well, Wordless Wednesday Will Wait.

So I cruised over to the KPBS Citizen Voices blog (yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment, I know) and there is a great post, Sporting the Red, White and Blue Beads by Charles Hartley. He kinda puts the whole "polarization" issue into perspective:

.... While I agree that the polarization is unfortunate and a bit unseemly, sometimes we take our problems a bit too seriously. To borrow and adapt a line from the film Dogma, "I have issues with anyone who treats democracy as a burden instead of a blessing. You people don't celebrate your freedom; you mourn it."
.... read the rest of the post


It is an honor to vote, a responsibility, and one I cherish. Heck I was absolutely giddy getting those "I voted" stickers. My only regret was that I voted AFTER work, and no one saw my awesome collection.

And if you believe our troops are fighting "for our freedom" then you should be voting and celebrating that freedom. If you don't believe that, then all the more reason to vote.

So if you missed out, there's still time to register for the next election (in California).

--Now we can try WORDLESS WEDNESDAYS next week---

2 comments:

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Good effort, good effort!

But I think you would totally ROCK at Photoless Phriday! =)

I was looking at the entries for a photo contest where people were supposed to submit photos of things "blue". One person took the camera into the voting booth, and took a pic of their finger pointing at the name "Barack Obama". I liked that.

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oh, and did I say thanks for the kind words, and the linky love? See, I am better with pics than with words...